CCC’s 2020-21 Annual Report highlights our research, civic and media engagement, and advocacy and draws attention to successes achieved despite unprecedented economic and political challenges.
Highlights of these successes include:
- Securing passage of city legislation that increased the value of city rent subsidies;
- Bringing an additional 60,000 infant-toddler child care seats to communities in need;
- Expanding 3-K to every district;
- Dramatically increasing access to summer enrichment programming;
- Protecting and expanding state funding for children’s behavioral health care and securing state legislation to advance equity in access to telehealth and early intervention services;
- Protecting state funding for child welfare prevention services to ensure children are safe and families remain together;
- Securing passage of state bills that increase the age of juvenile delinquency and provide New Yorkers who have been denied youthful offender status a chance to apply;
- Championing the federal expansion of the Child Tax Credit to ensure New York’s families benefit from the monthly child allowance; and
- Securing a citywide expansion of the Save for College program that will provide savings accounts to every public-school kindergartener starting this school year.